Saturday, May 14, 2011

K-Town - NYC

I hang out in K-Town a lottt. I love Asian food and it's so much more convenient than Chinatown. When I used to go with my Chinese friends, the usual was tofu "soon dubu" or tofu stew, with an occasional Korean barbeque to mix things up. However, going to K-Town with my Korean friends introduced me to a lot of new dishes, such as this beautiful cheesy creation at Arang:


김치 제육 떡볶이 와 치즈 16.95
Kimchee jaeyook Dduck boki and cheese
Sauteed kimchi, pork and rice cakes w/ melted mozzarella and American cheese

It's the oddest combination. Kimchi and cheese? Really?! But it definitely works.


Pocha would be an excellent after-dinner drinks spot in K-Town this summer if you go for the watermelon soju. When it was served, the smell of the watermelon was almost intoxicating. It smelled incredibly refreshing, but proceed with caution. You might not be able to taste the alcohol but it is definitely packed in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment