Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Casellula - NY

I love wine bars for dinner out with my girl friends to catch up. I've been meaning to try out Casellula since it is one of the most highly rated wine bars in Hell's Kitchen. Going in, it was not what I expected. I usually go to wine bars mostly for the intimate, cozy atmosphere. That is not what people go to Casellula for. Casellula seemed to be an extremely casual place, with none of the typical wine bar ambiance.

Their specialty seems to be the "pig's ass sandwich" - which was a decent cheesy pork sandwich. The grilled cheese was also delicious - although people should be aware that I think there is goat cheese in the sandwich, which they don't note on the menu. However, the highlight of the food was definitely their chocolate cake. Upon arriving at the table, the waitress poured cream over the cake, and even after sitting in the cream for a while, the cake still tasted incredibly light!



Pig's Ass Sandwich / Fiscalini Cheddar / Fol Epi / Pickles / Chipotlé Aioli
Grilled Cheese Sandwich / Tomato / Green Salad


Chocolate Cake / Meadowbrook Farm Cream

Casellula ~ 401 W. 52nd St (& 9th Ave), New York, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment