Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Park Avenue Summer - NYC

Park Avenue Summer has been on my list of restaurants in NYC to try so my friend and I went for Restaurant Week last month (although this summer, restaurant week has been extended until Labor Day weekend at a few restaurants).

First off, the waitress brought us an amuse-bouche of watermelon skewers with a yogurt topping. It was very refreshing and I loved the topping it was paired with. My friend and I also chose to get sangria - a $7 special with the Restaurant Week menu.


For my appetizer, I got salmon tartare - it was a lot of salmon so I was happy - although the two pieces of burnt toast (not pictured) that it came with was probably unnecessary.


For my entree, I got the organic Scottish salmon - yes, it was a lot of salmon for one meal, but I love salmon! And the salmon at Park Avenue Summer was perfectly cooked - with the top crispy and the meat extremely tender. I also loved the cucumber and daikon slaw it was paired with, very refreshing.


For dessert I got the Goat Cheese Mousse in Phyllo with Honeyed Raspberries. I love goat cheese so I loved this dessert - it was also very light, which is perfect because sometimes I walk away from Restaurant Week dinners too stuffed.


No comments:

Post a Comment