Friday, September 3, 2010

Whisky on the Hudson

Last week my friends and I attend the "Whisky on the Hudson" cruise, an event by the Whisky Guild where you could sample over 200 of the finest whiskey in the world. I am by no means a whiskey connoisseur...actually, I'm not even a fan of whiskey at all! However, my guy friends all seem to love whiskey, and I am always up for fun and different experiences. The buffet dinner (nothing special) was on the lowest level, the second and third floors were where the different booths for whiskey were set up, and there was a top floor deck.


Unfortunately, I cannot give many recommendations about any of the whiskey that I tried...I could not make major distinctions between them, most of them simply burned. However, according to my guy friends, whiskey is about both the taste and the feeling (aka the burning), and they actually like the ones that burn the most. For me, my favorite was the Bunnahabhain because it was the smoothest and I did not have to dilute it with water to be able to drink it.


I love booz cruises, because you always get amazing views of the city...



1 comment: